- Global: Total confirmed cases as of 8 p.m. ET: 24,028,537 — Total deaths: 822,403— Total recoveries: 15,669,099 — Map.
- U.S.: Total confirmed cases as of 8 p.m. ET: 5,817,538 — Total deaths: 179,596 — Total recoveries: 2,084,465 — Total tests: 74,549,129 — Map.
- Politics: Carson: It would "behoove" us to move forward with COVID-19 vaccine and treatment testing
- Health: Fauci says he was having surgery when CDC testing changes were approved — Black Americans are less likely than white Americans to say they'll take a first-generation vaccine.
- Business: "Long-haul" COVID can lead to big bills for patients — Consumer confidence is wilting.
What should I do? Axios asked the experts:
- Which states mandate face coverings
- When you can be around others after contracting the coronavirus
- Traveling, asthma, dishes, disinfectants and being contagious
- Masks, lending books and self-isolating
- Exercise, laundry, what counts as soap
- Pets, moving and personal health
- Answers about the virus from Axios experts
- What to know about social distancing
- How to minimize your risk
Subscribe to Mike Allen's Axios AM to follow our coronavirus coverage each morning from your inbox.