- Global: Total confirmed cases as of 9:30 p.m. ET: 17,222,008 — Total deaths: 671,042 — Total recoveries — 10,078,853 — Map.
- U.S.: Total confirmed cases as of 9:30 p.m. ET: 4,487,987 — Total deaths: 151,834 — Total recoveries: 1,414,155 — Total tests: 54,644,715 — Map.
- Politics: Herman Cain dies — Trump floats delaying election — Senate adjourns without extending expiring unemployment benefits.
- Business: Pandemic forces YMCAs to close.
- States: Wisconsin mandates masks beginning Saturday.
- Tech: The census count is being conducted online for the first time.
- World: Coronavirus bounces back where it had been knocked out.
What should I do? Axios asked the experts:
- Which states mandate face coverings
- When you can be around others after contracting the coronavirus
- Traveling, asthma, dishes, disinfectants and being contagious
- Masks, lending books and self-isolating
- Exercise, laundry, what counts as soap
- Pets, moving and personal health
- Answers about the virus from Axios experts
- What to know about social distancing
- How to minimize your risk
Subscribe to Mike Allen's Axios AM to follow our coronavirus coverage each morning from your inbox.