Abby Johnson, a prominent pro-life activist, used her address at the Republican National Convention on Tuesday to advocate for the movement and stated that "Planned Parenthood abortion facilities are strategically located in minority neighborhoods."
- "I was awarded Planned Parenthood’s Employee of the Year award and invited to their annual gala where they present the Margaret Sanger Award, named for their founder... And every year Planned Parenthood celebrates its racist roots by presenting the Margaret Sanger award."
Between the lines: Johnson said in a recent video that police officers would be "smart" to racially profile her biracial son, Jude, because “statistically, my brown son is more likely to commit a violent offense over my white sons," according to Vice News.
- “Right now, Jude is an adorable, perpetually tan-looking little brown boy,” Johnson said. “But one day, he’s going to grow up and he’s going to be a tall, probably sort of large, intimidating-looking-maybe brown man. And my other boys are probably gonna look like nerdy white guys.”
More quotes from her speech:
- "They don’t know about the Products of Conception room in abortion clinics, where infant corpses are pieced back together to ensure nothing remains in the mothers; Or that we joked and called it the “Pieces of Children” room."
- "For me, abortion’s real. I know what it sounds like; what it smells like. I’ve been the perpetrator ... to these babies ... to these women."
- "This election is a choice between two radical, anti-life activists, and the most pro-life President we’ve ever had. That’s something that should compel you to action ... Take action that re-elects our President. And do it with our most vulnerable Americans in mind – the ones who haven’t been born yet."