Actress Jennifer Garner will team up with the Biden administration in a coordinated campaign to encourage vaccinations around Mother's Day, Axios has learned.
Driving the news: The administration is eager to keep up the pace of inoculations now that all adult Americans are eligible but the pace of vaccinations is starting to slow.
- "We hope this will help create a foundation of vaccine confidence for mothers who may have otherwise been hesitant to get vaccinated or get their children vaccinated once available," an HHS official said.
- Mothers are often decision makers around health for their families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services explained of the Mother's Day push.
- The president recently announced a new goal to get 160 million Americans fully vaccinated and at least one shot administered to 70% of individuals by the Fourth of July holiday.
The details: Centers for Disease Control director Dr. Rochelle Walensky will talk to Garner about vaccines for a live Instagram event.
- The push will also include paid digital media component in both English and Spanish that will run through Sunday on Facebook and Instagram, targeting women who are parents aged 25-65.
- Additionally, Dr. Walensky will join the View on Friday and Dr. Marcella Nunez-Smith, director of the White House's Health Equity Task Force, will sit down with PopSugar Family for exclusive interview to answer questions moms may have.
- HHS Secretary Xavier Becerra will make a Mother's Day appearance on Al Punto, a morning talk show on Univision.
Keep reading...Show less