- Global: Total confirmed cases as of 3:30 p.m. ET: 18,614,542 — Total deaths: 702,330 — Total recoveries — 11,181,018— Map.
- U.S.: Total confirmed cases as of 3:30 p.m. ET: 4,793,950 — Total deaths: 157,416 — Total recoveries: 1,528,979 — Total tests: 58,239,438 — Map.
- 2020: Joe Biden will no longer travel to Milwaukee for Democratic convention.
- Public health: Florida surpasses 500,000 confirmed cases — Moderna skirts disclosures of vaccine costs.
- Sports: The return of high school sports hangs in the balance — UConn becomes first FBS team to cancel football season.
- Education: Chicago Public Schools to begin school year fully remote.
What should I do? Axios asked the experts:
- Which states mandate face coverings
- When you can be around others after contracting the coronavirus
- Traveling, asthma, dishes, disinfectants and being contagious
- Masks, lending books and self-isolating
- Exercise, laundry, what counts as soap
- Pets, moving and personal health
- Answers about the virus from Axios experts
- What to know about social distancing
- How to minimize your risk
Subscribe to Mike Allen's Axios AM to follow our coronavirus coverage each morning from your inbox.